Predominantly working in oil paints, graphite or colouring pencils, Ed paints landscapes, portraits, animals and still life.
Please get in touch if you would like to enquire about commissioning a drawing or painting. Prices on request, but please be patient as there is currently a waiting list so paintings may take a while to produce. Typically, your commission will follow these steps:
• Contact Ed to discuss the sort of drawing or painting you are looking for, including an idea of subject matter, scale, materials and whether the work needs delivering.
• Submit a photograph (or photographs) for Ed to use as a reference, along with any requests for the image to be altered, e.g. by enhancing colours and contrast or removing distractions from the background.
• You will be provided with a quote and an approximate timescale. If you require your artwork to be delivered to you, please discuss delivery costs before the quote is agreed.
• Ed will produce a mock-up in Photoshop that he will show you for your approval.
• Once you are happy for Ed to start your drawing or painting, he asks for a 25% deposit to be paid in advance.
• The remaining 75% of the cost will be due when the artwork is finished.
For a rough idea of costs, commissions usually vary from about £200 to £300 for a small pencil drawing, £300-500 for a medium oil painting, or between £500 and £1000 for a large oil painting (plus delivery). However, prices tend to depend more on the complexity of the image than the size of the paper or canvas. A photography shoot can be arranged at an extra cost, if required.